Monday, July 18, 2011

I am looking for an old cloth doll I cannot find.?

I had a cloth doll as a little girl that was white and she had yellow crosses for eyes and a mouth that was sewn in a smile and she had yellow yarn hair that stuck out beneath a bonnett that was made of lacey material and the dress was white and had itty bitty red strawberries on it and the body had a music box in side that has a crank in the tummy you wind. The arms and legs were white and the arms were mitten shaped hands. I always called her Shelly tho we dont remember if I just called her that or if that was the dolls actual name. we think its just what I used to call her. I got her when I was 3 and I actaully had 2 dolls but they both lost the music boxes and are falling apart. We bought them at Dillards but when I was 15 we went back to get them fixed and dillards said they didnt sell them any more as of several years ago and didnt know wher they might be sold. We assumed they were collectables at that point but last year my mom saw a little girl walk in the other side of church with her mom and she was carrying that same doll and the doll looked new. she wanted to ask the mom but lost the mom and daughter and never saw them again. can anyone help me find them? I have gotten books on antique to modern cloth dolls and never found her. I have also looked on line at many different doll brands and my mom said they are not them that she cant tell me what brand it is but its deffinately not those brands. I cannot find the doll on my own. I have also posted pics of my doll and have asked if anyone can help me find out more about it but nobody would answer it. I appreciate any help thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment