Monday, July 18, 2011

Perjury on a driving log?

So, I'm turning 17 this month, and I have yet to acquire my driver's license. A lot of that has to do with laziness and not having time to focus on it earlier in the year, but that's another story. So, I have to document 50 hours of driving, with exact dates and amounts of time. Even though I did make sure that I've driven well over 50 hours, I have no clue when I did the driving. I'm planning on just filling out random dates and times, and then getting my dad to sign it. At the bottom, though, it says: "I swear or affirm that the information I have entered on this form is correct. I understand that making a false statement may constitute the crime of perjury." What I'm asking is whether or not that's just there to scare kids into actually driving instead of being lazy. Also if they'd actually make any attempt to accuse someone of perjury, or am I just too cautious?

No comments:

Post a Comment